Monday, June 15, 2009

6 C's

I whole heartedly agree that education is not only changing more from reading, riting, and rithmetic to the six C's but that it needs to change. However, I also have to consider that in all cases those six C's that sound so glorious and progressive will not succeed. As a Special Education teacher it will be my job to teach my students the skills they need to succeed. Sometimes that means in education and life. Sometimes that just means life skills. In those cases I can't waste time thinking up new and creative methods to connect my students to classrooms around the world when I need to concentrate on getting them ready to face the world. It is true that I will have to be creative in my teaching methods, and that doing so might engage my students to learn. Although, the six C's should become a greater part of education in whatever capacity available, it must also be considered that sometimes simple really is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment